Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to children of Trinity members and visitors during Sunday worship and other times when the community gathers.
Position: Trinity Nursery Attendant
Time Commitment: primarily Sunday mornings (9:30-11:30am), with additional hours on Sundays and weeknights as scheduled in advance
Reports to: Rector
Compensation: $15 per hour
- Provide age-appropriate care and attention to children under 6 years old in Trinity’s Nursery.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive by 9:30 on Sunday mornings to ensure that the Nursery is open, clean and ready to receive children prior to and throughout the 10:00 worship service.
- Use an agreed-upon process to sign in each visitor to the Nursery, getting parent information and consent.
- Stay until 11:30 on Sunday mornings, even if no children arrive by the time worship begins, unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- Provide childcare as scheduled in advance for additional services (Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve) and other Trinity gatherings (after Sunday worship, weeknights).
- In an emergency, notify the parent via a pre-arranged contact method – cell phone/pager.
- Straighten the Nursery and clean any toys/beds before leaving.
- Attend an evaluation after a 90-day probationary period and annually thereafter.
- Report to the Rector any issues/concerns that arise in the course of this work.
- Communicate in advance by phone to the Rector:
1) any planned absences with three weeks advance notice, or
2) any unplanned absences before 7:30am on Sunday morning.
- Experience in caring for young children, with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities.
- At least 20 years old
- Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
- Attend the Episcopal Church’s “Safeguarding God’s Children” training every three years.
- Three references from non-relatives.
- During the initial 90-day probationary period, either party may terminate employment without notice/cause. After this, a minimum two-week notice is expected.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness or excessive absences will result in termination of employment.
- Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent, or church member. Termination may occur for failure to carry out job duties as described above or failure to comply with Trinity’s standards and policies.
To apply and submit your resume and cover letter, click here.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on May 31, 2019.