Update on 11/19/19
Staff attended a Stakeholder’s Meeting at Imagination Station this week. Below is the update on their theatre project!
- Theater will be up and running a year from now. 278 person capacity
- Summit St. Corridor work from Jackson to Lafayette to be signature pedestrian/retail corridor of downtown
- Bus Loop will be eliminated
- 63 parking spots at curb on Summit
- New LED lighting by Edison; addition of LED pedestrian lighting
- Softening of streetscape with trees and plantings
- Bump outs for safety of pedestrians
- Solheim Cup is driving this project https://www.premiergolf.com/2021-solheim-cup (Aug 31 – Sept 6, 2021)
- Buckeye Cable and Edison underground; relocations will be necessary
- During construction – down to one lane with intersection and/or partial closures
- March 2020 – August 2021 Timeframe
- $7.5 – $8 million project total
- New water main work to begin March 2020 – Oct 2020
- (possible water shut offs; water boil alerts)
The KeyBank Discovery Theater site preparation and structural support work is moving forward! As walls are being built, Lathrop construction will need to close the sidewalk in front of Imagination Station for a short time to ensure the safety of passersby. The Summit St. sidewalk from the Renaissance Hotel to Adams St. will be closed for 4 – 6 weeks, starting Monday, September 30.
Pedestrians will still have access to the sidewalks on the west side of Summit and the crosswalk at Adams will remain open. The concourse from the Vistula Parking garage through Imagination Station will also remain open. There will be signage for the general public.
Next week, a 23-foot steel i-beam will be available for neighbors, friends and visitors to sign. Please feel free to stop by and be a part of the science center’s history by adding your name to the beam. More info on the beam signing will be updated on Facebook as it comes in!!!