The offering of prayer late in the evening, by laity, religious orders or clergy, often called Compline, has sometimes been described as the ‘goodnight prayer of the Church’. It rounds off the day and prepares us for a quiet night.
On Friday, June 5, compline will start at 9:00 pm so that we can all enjoy the longer hours of daylight after dinner. (Having it at 9:00 pm also puts the prayer closer to the traditional time it is offered.) We’ll connect via Zoom Meetings every Friday evening while Trinity’s in-person gatherings are suspended due to COVID-19 related restrictions. When you join the Zoom call, we will be starting with some quiet time so that we can center ourselves before we begin our prayers. We will have time to chat briefly after prayers. See dial-in information below and you can download and follow along with the Night Prayer.
Follow along with Compline – Night Prayer
Join our Compline Zoom Gathering.
Time: June 5, 2020 09:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 960 4281 7304
Join our Compline Zoom Meeting by Phone:
Dial by your location:
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 399 032 178
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abaXnxjGbn
Tips to Logging into Zoom:
- Allow/approve Video and/or Audio through your device(computer) or internet (phone)
- When you join the meeting, check the bottom left of your screen to make sure your video camera is ON and that you are NOT muted
- If you are having video/audio trouble, you can use the chat box located at the bottom center of your screen to converse with the host
- If you join by PHONE, please click on the 3 dots (…) on your picture to rename yourself…that way the rest of the group knows who has joined us
- You can choose between speaker view (highlights the person talking) or gallery view (you see everyone who has joined the meeting) by click the squares at the top right of you screen